Friday, June 5, 2009

Krispy Kreme is Finally Here!

This might an old story for many but its new for me.

People has been bragging about Krispy Kreme for years before they came here. In fact, there were a long queue during the official launch of Krispy Kreme. So then, the first Krispy Kreme store opened in Berjaya Times Square. I didn't make it for the first few days, went there a week after and I blog about it now like weeks later.

kk1

I remember my best friend, Steph asked her friend to fly in by hand Krispy Kreme donuts. She told me it was amazing.

With such high expectation, I went to Berjaya Times Square for one reason only... Krispy Kreme.

kk2

Surprisingly the queue was not that long. I started snapping pictures while queuing, like "ah beng" from kampung (village).

kk3

I bought 2 dozens, 1 dozen of mixed varieties and 1 dozen of original glazed.

kk4

Being a nice fella, I took 2 dozens of Krispy Kreme donuts back to office to treat my fellow colleagues.

I went back anxiously, open the box, took a original glazed donut and I took my first bite.....

It was....

It was.... SWEET!!

Seriously, it was very sweet....

No offense to the millions and millions fans of Krispy Kreme, personally I just find it too sweet. Just my personal opinion okay....

So then I started this Krispy Kreme conversation with other friends and bloggers. Only then, I realized that we ate it wrongly.

A donut should eat it by dunking it into a plain coffee or espresso. Reason being is to dunk the donut into the coffee and eat it. Not eat it plainly. Well, it does make sense to me. If dunk it in the coffee, the donut will not be so sweet.

Overall, personally I find Krispy Kreme a bit too sweet, no offense...

Address:
Ground Floor, Lot G-08A
Berjaya Times Square
No1 Jln Imbi
55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Telephone Number:
603-2119 7373

Operation Hours:
Sun - Thurs: 8am-12midnight
Fri, Sat & Eve of Public Holiday: 8am-1am

4 comments:

Raymond said...

i've read post about krispy kreme from other blog, all of them is complaining too sweet too.

Cynthia said...

I saw one of it outlet in Mid Valley also.. but hasn't try yet! hmmm.. wondering when can I do that lei...

Sugar Bean said...

I haven't tried Krispy Kreme in Malaysia but I've tried them in the UK, it was quite good. But would prefer to eat it without dipping into coffee. :)

Looks like the donut heat is still on!

J2Kfm said...

yup, it's SWEET. VERY sweet.

never one to dunk donuts into coffee, but every flavour's sweet!
except the peanut butter version of course.

and the coarse dough was unlike Jco's and Big Apple's version, which was soft, and slightly chewy.