Saturday, September 5, 2009

German Pork Knuckle @ Quan Villa Restaurant, Sitiawan

*NON HALAL*

I was in Sitiawan again for work a few months ago. Since my client knew about my blog, they brought me to different restaurants. This was a lunch, a stone away from the Lumut port.

lala

We started with la la with cucumber soup at RM 10.

fried oyster

Then the usual fried oyster omelette at RM 12. Sitiawan's version used more eggs than starch, different than the ones we have here in KL. Both have their own individual taste, I loved both.

potato leaf

Potato Leaf with garlic was next at RM 12. Slightly wet, but the vege was fresh. This was decent.

taufu

Dry butter beancurd was a first one to me at RM 12. Normally, we had dry butter prawns, fish or mantis prawns, but for butter beancurd it was something unique. I loved this one, though it was slightly oily.

thai style

Thai style fish was priced at RM 42. Deeply flavoured in thai sauce, the fish was never lack of freshness. Sauce was thick and wasn't that spicy. I loved this.

pork

Many Chinese restaurants offered German style pork knuckle (RM 35), but having a good one will be tough. The skin was crispy and the meat was tender. I loved this as well.

It was a heavy lunch. The food in general was good, rich in flavour so the taste was slightly strong. Place is well air conditioned but place is a common stand alone (house type) restaurant, nothing fancy. The price was reasonable to me and I thought this was a good find!

Recommendable!

Receipt:
receipt

Address:
add

MAP:
map


RATINGS:
Price: 4/5 Very Reasonable
Payment Terms : Cash
Cleanliness Votes : 3/5
Food Votes : 3.5/5
Air Conditioned : YES
WIFI : NO

5 comments:

J2Kfm said...

i've always heard about how Kg Acheh houses several worthy seafood outlets. thanks for the info.
will try this if I'm over in Sitiawan again.

ai wei said...

german pork knuckles?
so look alike like that Thai style :)

Taufulou said...

german pork knuckles in this place..hrmmm~

Big Boys Oven said...

so nice lar, so many good food!

Wilson Ng said...

j2kfm: there's still a few i havent try yet

ai wei: lol... they said german ma..

taufulou: i know, a bit weird

bbo: yeah!